[Mimedefang] DBI not working, use DBI;causing mimedefang to b reak 2.52 - Got it

Tory Blue tmblue at responsys.com
Mon Jul 4 02:06:52 EDT 2005

 It was simply permissions, well not simply however I had a brain storm this
afternoon and came back and tried to run my test scripts as defang and well
they failed with a can't locate Blab blah DBI blah blah at ..

So I checked the permissions and low and behold I'm golden! So while it
worked as root, it would not run as Defang and thus just adding the use DBI;
at the top of my filter, caused it to try to load DBI and thus fail
(although it may over react in this instance, someone should probably take a
look at figure out a way for mimedefang to get past not being able to load a
perl module).

Anyways for those that have issues using DBI as your mimedefang user, after
installing things from cpan try

chmod -R go=u-w /usr/lib/perl* /usr/local/lib/perl* /www/perl

That just may cure your issues (if your installing as root)

-Tory

Now I can play some more w00t!