[Mimedefang] tagging mail sent to aliases

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Mon Jan 10 09:55:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:12:34 -0800, Gary Funck wrote
> Thanks Jim. Perl question, what's the pros/cons between
> this sort of dbopen:
>
>   if(dbmopen(%ALIAS, "/etc/aliases.db", undef)) {
>
> and one that uses the "tie" interface?
>
>   use DB_File;
>   tie(%ALIAS, "DB_File", "/etc/aliases.db");

Functionally there is no difference. dbmopen uses tie internally. I think
dbmopen is depreciated now as well so you might be better off using the tie
function directly if that is the case. The reason I used dbmopen.... well..
old dogs, new tricks and such....

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client