[Mimedefang] MySQL Greylisting: grey_old records

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Tue Jan 11 09:00:40 EST 2005

On 11 Jan 2005 at 11:07, Paul Murphy wrote:

> Are the addresses which show grey_old also addresses which have sent spam
> to you today?  There is a feature in John's implementation which resets
> the greylist status of any IP which has messages scoring over the
> grey_reset level, and the way it does this (if I'm reading the code
> correctly) is to set the timestamp to zero.  As a result, the next spam
> from them will come through and be classed as grey_old.

Ah, that's it.  I was able to send a fake SPAM message from an account
off site, and then trying to send another message from the same account
resulted in a grey_old entry in my syslog.  So everything seems to be
working the way it is supposed to.  Many thanks Paul for that
clarification.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator
Cole Computer Centre
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA

HTML in email is like putting an air conditioner on a motorcycle.
Read why here:  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html