[Mimedefang] MySQL Greylisting: grey_old records

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Mon Jan 10 23:11:32 EST 2005

[...]
> I'm assuming that this is supposed to happen when a whitelisted entry is
> found in the database that has been there and not accessed for longer
> than the time period defined by gdb_white (currently set to 30 days), but
> I only implimented this setup earlier this morning with a brand new
> database!  Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening on my
> system already?  Or am I misunderstanding grey_old?

You mention above that $gdb_white is set to 30 days, but the originaal
implementation you refer to at
http://www.bl.org/~jpk/md-greylist/mimedefang-filter-greylist has
these config. constants:

$gdb_black = 30*$minute;
$gdb_grey = 5*$hour;
$gdb_white = 7*$day;

And $gdb_white is 7 days (or 7*24*60*60 seconds).  Is it possible that
you set $gdb_white to 30 seconds, or 30 mins instead of 30 days?