[Mimedefang] OT: sendmail limit connections

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Feb 23 15:11:35 EST 2005

At 12:34 PM 2/23/2005, you wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't read the cf docs in some time.  I assume you're not
> > > referring to the global confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE?
> >
> > Nope.  In 8.13, you can throttle by IP address or network.
>
> >From what you're saying, then, that would only work for him if he knows the
>IP/networks he's getting hit by ahead of time.  It doesn't sound like it would
>prevent rate-limit connections from *any* IP address.  For that you'd really
>need to keep track of simultaneous connects per IP.

No, you set defaults to rate all ip's and then except the known good ones
from your own network in the access db

>         --Arthur Corliss
>           Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/
>           Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/
>           "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003