[Mimedefang] OT: sendmail limit connections

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Feb 23 13:59:11 EST 2005

At 11:27 AM 2/23/2005, you wrote:

> > > The code base for poprelayd could do that quite simply.  Just tail
> the logs
> > > and update a db with a connection count per IP.  You'd have to modify the
> > > ruleset a bit, but all in all, that would be pretty easy.
> >
> > Sendmail 8.13 can do it natively.  Check the "conncontrol" and
> > "ratecontrol" features.
>
>I haven't read the cf docs in some time.  I assume you're not referring to the
>global confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE?

Nope!  RTFM, you'll love it...

>         --Arthur Corliss
>           Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/
>           Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/
>           "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003