[Mimedefang] Fedora to replace sendmail with Exim as default MTA?

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Feb 23 13:57:53 EST 2005

At 11:09 AM 2/23/2005, you wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Arthur Corliss wrote:
>
> > If you want something done right (or done so wrong that it looks right
> > to you) do it yourself.  ;-)  Roll your own distribution.

Try Gentoo.  I have migrated everything to it.  I have it running on Dell
PowerEdge's & Sun Sparc boxes _in_ an ISP environment.

Super easy to keep up with their portage system and it let's _you_ choose
what to install...  You _have_ to compile your own kernel before booting to
the box.  I was a RH freak, but this has turned my head when I was looking
for someone actively supporting Spark architecture...

Gentoo motto, if it moves, compile it <G>  However, this has not been an issue.

>Thats almost what I do - however, I use Debian to bootstrap it. Get a
>minimal system going, then manually install stuff like a custom compiled
>kernel, sendmail, mimedefang, apache, mysql, etc. but keep using Debian
>for the back-end stuff to keep things like ssh patched, etc.
>
>It stems from admining various different system (Solaris, SunOs, H-PUX,
>etc) where I wanted the config files in a common place rather than where
>the vendor wanted to put them... These days I'm almost entirely Debian
>based, but still have the odd Solaris and RH box to look after...
>
>Gordon

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003