[Mimedefang] Fedora to replace sendmail with Exim as default MTA?

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Wed Feb 23 13:09:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Arthur Corliss wrote:

> If you want something done right (or done so wrong that it looks right
> to you) do it yourself.  ;-)  Roll your own distribution.

Thats almost what I do - however, I use Debian to bootstrap it. Get a
minimal system going, then manually install stuff like a custom compiled
kernel, sendmail, mimedefang, apache, mysql, etc. but keep using Debian
for the back-end stuff to keep things like ssh patched, etc.

It stems from admining various different system (Solaris, SunOs, H-PUX,
etc) where I wanted the config files in a common place rather than where
the vendor wanted to put them... These days I'm almost entirely Debian
based, but still have the odd Solaris and RH box to look after...

Gordon