[Mimedefang] How can I get just the domain from $sender

Damrose, Mark mdamrose at elgin.edu
Tue Feb 22 11:47:33 EST 2005

Testing for sender address is probably not the best way to do this.  I would
suggest testing for specific IP address(es) that are allowed to send.

Example:
sub message_is_outgoing($) {
    my ($RelayIP) = @_;

    # Use the next section if outgoing mail
    #   originates on this server.
    if ($RelayIP eq "127.0.0.1") {
        return 1;
    }

    # Use the next section if outgoing mail
    #   originates from a specific internal server.
    if ($RelayIP eq "192.168.1.50") {
        return 1;
    }

    # Use the next section if outgoing mail
    #   originates from any client on this net.
    if ($RelayIP =~ /^192\.168\.2\.") {
        return 1;
    }

    return 0;