[Mimedefang] Re: Anyone using File::Scan?

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Feb 17 01:57:56 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Matt Smith wrote:
Hello,

> don't monitor closely exactly _what_ is getting rejected due to virii (I

I drop the part with warning when File::Scan returns positive, so the
recipient may decide further. Till now, I had no single complaint. But we
do not scan thousands of mails daily :)

> suggest that this is heavily faq'd and man'd, as the list will no-doubt be
> bombarded with questions like "I upgraded MD and File::Scan is no-longer
> working!", or similar!

A line in the sample filter would be nice:

# Uncomment the next two lines if you want to use File::Scan if it is
installed
#(eval 'use File::Scan; $Features{"File::Scan"} = 1;')
#    or $Features{"File::Scan"} = 0;

Or vice verse:

# Comment out the next line to avoid using File::Scan
(eval 'use File::Scan; $Features{"File::Scan"} = 1;');

Bye,

--

Steffen Kaiser