[Mimedefang] Re: Anyone using File::Scan?

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Wed Feb 16 18:01:53 EST 2005

David + list,

Just like to add my $0.02AU (I know, not very much indeed!).

I'm currently using File::Scan on three MD installations, and have not had a
reported false positive, but as the majority of respondants have said, I
don't monitor closely exactly _what_ is getting rejected due to virii (I
don't think anybody has that much time!).  I'd be interested in hearing
about what it has been detecting as FP's though.

I only use File::Scan on these sites for MD and mail scanning, but would not
object to manually having to enable it via the $Features; however I would
suggest that this is heavily faq'd and man'd, as the list will no-doubt be
bombarded with questions like "I upgraded MD and File::Scan is no-longer
working!", or similar!

Also, I'd like to echo my appreciation for the time you put in to a
marvelous product, if you are ever in the land down under (Oz), look me up,
i'll buy you a beer (or two, three....)

Regards,
Matt