[Mimedefang] Anyone using File::Scan?

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Tue Feb 15 23:08:58 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Corliss" <corliss at digitalmages.com>
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> Does anyone use File::Scan with MIMEDefang?  It seems to cause a lot
>> of problems with false positives.
> I haven't reviewed any of the hits it gets, but I do use, and over the
> past
> year or two I haven't gotten any complaints about it.
I use it, but mostly because it was recommended as the fastest initial line
of defence against Viri when using MIMEDefang. The only times I have had
false positives that I am aware of were bought to my attention by users. In
both these cases, I was completely ignored by the File::Scan author when I
contacted him via email with a sample of the offending code.
David, if you say File::Scan is dubious, then I would stop using it if
mimedefang stopped enabling it by default.

Roland