[Mimedefang] Re: ZDnet article on new Zombie Trick

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:14:57 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 "Paul Murphy" <pmurphy at ionixpharma.com> wrote:

> And in any case, how long will it be before the trojan stuffs keypresses or VB
> script into Windows to start Outlook or Outlook Express in a hidden window if it
> finds it, and then plug away sending messages with the correct client settings,
> including client authentication?

It seems to me that it would be much easier and almost as effective to simply
pop up a dialogue box asking for the username and password. I suspect that
many users would stupidly provide the requested information and click OK
without wondering why they were being asked.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator