[Mimedefang] ZDnet article on new Zombie Trick

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Feb 3 13:31:50 EST 2005

Ben Kamen wrote:
> Paul Murphy wrote:
>> And in any case, how long will it be before the trojan stuffs
>> keypresses or VB script into Windows to start Outlook or Outlook
>> Express in a hidden window if it finds it, and then plug away
>> sending messages with the correct client settings, including client
>> authentication?

This would be a good thing.  The ISP would then be able to inform the customer that they're sending a larger-than-expected amount of email.  The customer could then say "no I'm not"... at which point the ISP could educate the customer that their credentials are being misused.

Why would the ISP do this?  To protect themselves from being sued by the spam recipients' ISPs.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"