[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and clamd configuration problems

Dave Helton dave at kd0yu.com
Wed Dec 21 14:40:04 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 09:03 -0800, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> > I want to have mimedefang also use clamd ( or clamav, whichever is
> > best).
>
> I had a permissions problem initially where the clamd user didn't
>  have access to the MIMEDefang spool directory.

I too had problems with permissions, especially when cron ran the
freshclam update.  The method I used to 'fix' this was to compile
clamAV with:
	./configure --with-user=defang --with-group=defang

Problem solved!

Since I only use clamd with MD on my server I don't see this as
a security issue.  Someone chirp up if the above raises a concern.

--Dave

Dave Helton                     internet technologies
Real World Computing            network consultant
phone: 563-386-4041             http://www.kd0yu.com