[Mimedefang] reject without creating a reject message

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Aug 30 14:28:10 EDT 2005

jobst wrote:
> However if the spammer/worm/trojan now has an email address
> that exists in our domain, than the email is rejected
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> but the person (unknowingly) receives an email of the rejection.

Well, the person receives an email of the rejection whether the email address exists in your domain or not, right?  The only difference is that:

IF THE EMAIL ADDRESS EXISTS
	Then you KNOW it's spam or virus or trojan when you reject.

IF THE EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST
	Then you reject it WITHOUT KNOWING whether it's a virus or spam or trojan.

What a difference prior-knowledge makes...

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer