[Mimedefang] reject without creating a reject message

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Aug 30 14:23:16 EDT 2005

Curtis wrote:
> I would use the action_discard() function to drop the
> mail without taking any further action. This is
> against the RFC some will say, but it will accomplish
> what you are trying to do.

I am one of the "some" -- false positives will drop into the black hole of nothingness.

Are you scanning on your MX host?  Or is this an internal host that doesn't talk directly to internet SMTP senders?

But this is a religious war with credible people on both sides so feel free to make whatever decision is best for your setup.

I, personally, reconfigured my mail topology to allow me to mailscan on my MX hosts and reject with a (mostly) clear conscience.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer