[Mimedefang] Quarantine location

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Aug 25 17:54:15 EDT 2005

NFN Smith wrote:
> I want to move the quarantines to the normal location, but for the
> life of me, I can't find in the MD configs where that is set (or why
> it would be set to something other than the normal location).

It's hardcoded in mimedefang.pl... presumably it could be overridden in mimedefang-filter.

> While I'm asking, should I be using cron scripting to remove old
> mdefang-* files from /var/spool/MIMEDefang, as well?

I started running into a maximum-files-per-directory limit, back when I archived viral files.  Now I reject instead.  Also I tar the directory up monthly:

$ cat /etc/cron.monthly/md-quarantine-archive
#!/bin/sh
# This archives all MIMEDefang-quarantined email over 31 days old

# archive everything more than 31 days old
find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -maxdepth 1 -daystart -mtime +31 | xargs tar czvf /var/spool/MD-Quarantine-Archive/31-days-before-`date --iso-8601`.tar.gz

# now delete everything more than 31 days old
find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -maxdepth 1 -daystart -mtime +31 | xargs rm -rf

exit 0

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer