[Mimedefang] Spam maildrop and reject?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Aug 19 17:45:53 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Nels wrote:
>
>>It would seem that if I use the delete/add recipients method, I can
>>no longer action_bounce.  Is there any way to get the best of both
>>worlds, ie, can I both reject the message at the SMTP level and also
>>resend a rebuilt message incorporating the SA report, etc.?
>
> Sounds like you want to reject-and-deliver...  There are patches for
> sendmail that allow that kind of thing from a milter.  Not sure how
> MIMEDefang functions could be used to that effect.

Yup, that's what I want.  Looks like SMFIS_REJECT_AND_DELIVER isn't
present in the latest Sendmail 8.13 code, so they must not be planning
to incorporate it as a standard feature.  It's not a huge deal--I'd
prefer to reject instead of silently accepting and redirecting to
someone other than the original recipient(s), but I can live with that
behaviour.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>