[Mimedefang] Mimedefang, spamassassin and /etc/mail/spamassassin

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed Aug 17 09:06:22 EDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:52:58 -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote

> AFAIK, the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory is dead in newer
> versions of MD.  The README probably says as much.

Not entirely true, the location of the sa-mimedefang.cf file changed from
/etc/mail/spamassassin to /etc/mail several versiona back (its in the
changelog) but the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory is still used by
Spamassassin and any cf file residing there will still be processed by
Spamassassin once its loaded and running, it is where I place most of my
custom rulesets, items I update from rules emporium and some adjusted scores
that are just historically too low for our setup as shipped with Spamassassin.
Mimedefang needs the sa-mimedewfang.cf in order to get Spamassassin configured
and running so your normal "local.cf" or "user_pref.cf" stuff would go there,
the rest should be in a cf file inside /etc/mail/spamassassin.

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client