[Mimedefang] Specifying valid users?

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Sun Aug 14 01:46:09 EDT 2005

On Aug 13, 2005, at 5:50 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:

> John Rudd wrote:
>
>> I couldn't get milter-ahead to install
>> here (probably wasn't intended to be run on a mac, or something;
>
> You're running MIMEDefang on a Mac? :-)  Brave man!

Not to start an OS war, but it's not like there's a better choice out
there.  :-)

FreeBSD comes in a close second, which is what I just migrated from.
I'm trying to simplify my home network down to just one computing
platform.  Keeping up with Mac OS X patches/updates is much easier than
with FreeBSD updates, so there wasn't much contest there.  (besides, I
only started using FreeBSD when NeXTstep was deprecated; it was the
best BSD candidate at the time; once a a new version of NeXTstep was
released, as Mac OS X, it was only natural that I go back to that as my
chosen unix platform)

And I certainly hope you're not suggesting that I would allow Linux
into my house.  Really.  I have self respect, you know.  :-)