[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 21 11:31:21 EDT 2005

Lisa Casey wrote:

> A script like this would be invaluable. I'm not sure I quite understand
> though. status is
> not an option to /etc/init.d/mimedefang on my system:

Oops, sorry!  I adapted it from something we use with CanIt, and
forgot that the mimedefang init script doesn't have a status.

Anyway, if you know shell programming, you should be able to detect if
mimedefang is running by checking the return status of:

	   kill -0 `cat /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.pid`

and similarly for the multiplexor.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader. :-)