[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Apr 19 10:16:21 EDT 2005

John Nemeth wrote:

>      Wow!  Assuming I didn't make any keying errors, that's 785,751
> incoming messages in one 24 hour period.  Could you give us a brief
> description of the architecture of your system and how you handle that
> kind of load (including type of computers {CPU and memory}, disks,
> number of computers, clustering if any, operating systems, and type of
> filtering done)?

We have CanIt-PRO customers doing those levels of traffic.  For
example, one customer does about a million messages/day on three
dual-Xeon PCs.  We have another customer doing about four million/day
on 8 dual-Xeon PCs, with a quad Xeon hosting the database server.  If
you thrown lots (lots!) of memory at the problem, nice fast disks, and
decent CPUs, you can scale things up quite well.