[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Apr 12 14:40:12 EDT 2005

Kris Deugau wrote:

> I have to agree;  per-user SA from MIMEDefang is decidedly non-trivial.

Yes.  It's still doable, though, if you make calls directly into
the Mail::SpamAssassin modules rather than using the built-in MIMEDefang
code.

[...]

> Not necessarily;  see stream_by_recipient().

> On the other hand, that *does* eliminate any of the performance gains
> you might make by calling SA at the MTA layer once per message, rather
> than once per recipient.

If you can group recipients into "equivalence classes" that have the
same SA settings, you can get away with one scan per equivalence class
rather than one per recipient.  This is a fair bit of work.