[Mimedefang] mimedefang and clamav

Speedy Sweedy speedysweedy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:38:22 EDT 2005

>I find it hard to believe that anyone has over 50% e-mail traffic consist
>of viruses unless (1) you normally get almost no mail, or (2) some internal
>user is infected.

It hasn't always been this bad, and it may just be a temporary thing, but it
has been going on now for about a month.  It's only a few user accounts that
these emails are going to so the other thing I could do is re-assign new
email addresses and just bounce the old accounts.  It might be worth the
overhead to sendmail rather than the overhead of clamav and discard.

> > Yes, this is exactly why I wanted to have mimedefang make a second call
> > to clamav once it passes clamav the first time.
>
>But if you're doing that, then where are the savings?

I find that clamav is less overhead than mimedefang.  If I can call clamav
first, before mimedefang and discard any emails be it gets to mimedefang, I
think i will see a savings on the proc.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.