[Mimedefang] Re: Newbie question -

Randy Johnson randyj at holydiver.com
Mon Apr 4 18:56:51 EDT 2005

My issue is currently this error from my maillog -

Apr  4 15:48:26 fedora mimedefang.pl[16233]: j34MmQtW017561: Could not
connect to clamd daemon at /var/spool/MIMEdefang/clamd.sock
Apr  4 15:48:26 fedora mimedefang.pl[16233]: Problem running virus scanner:
code=999, category=cannot-execute, action=tempfail

Although the socket file exists, and is owned by the mimedefang user. ClamD
seems happy when it starts. No errors are noted in the clamav.log file.

[root at fedora MIMEDefang]# ls -la
total 56
drwx------   2 defang defang 4096 Apr  4 15:48 .
drwxr-xr-x  20 root   root   4096 Feb 12 18:08 ..
srwxrwxrwx   1 defang defang    0 Apr  4 15:47 clamd.sock
-rw-r-----   1 defang defang    6 Apr  4 00:29 mimedefang-multiplexor.pid
srw-------   1 defang defang    0 Apr  4 00:29 mimedefang-multiplexor.sock
-rw-r-----   1 defang defang    6 Apr  4 00:29 mimedefang.pid
srwxr-x---   1 defang defang    0 Apr  4 00:29 mimedefang.sock

Thanks all !