[Mimedefang] OT - Using rDNS sendmail hack - your experiences

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Tue Apr 26 20:56:14 EDT 2005

You can whitelist users or entire domains from the rDNS check in your access
file using Niel's hack.

I would rather whitelist a single domain than turn it off entirely if you had
been using it since december with only a little fallout.

Add:

rdns:1.2.3.4      OK
rdns:@somehost.com  OK

to whitelist for solely rdns, it will also honor regular whitelist entries
with no left hand side token:

1.2.3.4            OK
5.6.7              OK
5.6                RELAY

All of the above exempts those IPs (or domain names) from rdns checks.

As long as your users are not completely virtual (i.e. this box does mail
routing only) then you can also do this on a per user basis.

Jim

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:30:43 -0500, Ben Kamen wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client