[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Apr 23 01:15:26 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 12:24, Mickey Hill wrote:

> The most common question I seem to hear is "Where's the Fedora Core
> HOWTO?"  Is it a reasonable assumption that if you're running something
> other than Fedora, you probably know enough to understand and adapt
> Fedora-specific instructions?  Or, in other words, what's the most
> effective focus of this particular HOWTO for a) experienced admins new
> to MIMEDefang, or b) inexperienced admins in general?

The ideal thing for fedora users would be pre-built rpms from
a source that is kept up to date along with all the dependencies.
Lacking that, installing the perl modules via CPAN and
building from source isn't bad.  Building your own local
RPMs doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless you are
updating a lot of similar machines since otherwise you have
to repeat extra work for every change.  One thing that
would help would be a list of the commands to do a CPAN
install of all the required modules.  I got it to work from
your HOWTO, but still don't understand why I could say:
install Mail::Audit
but had to specify
install D/DS/DSKOLL/MIME-tools-5.417.tar.gz
(and know the latest version number) and likewise
for MailTools and libnet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com