[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

Josh Kelley josh at jbc.edu
Fri Apr 22 21:17:41 EDT 2005

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Both Fedora and RH should use an RPM approach, which means finding all
> the prereqs. You can either install all the Perl prereqs using CPAN
> and then --nodeps (not --force) the MD RPM, or download and repackage
> them as RPM's with cpanflute2 (part of RPM::Specfile). (I recall
> having trouble with a package or two because cpanflute2 expects a
> certain naming convention that they don't follow.)

Dag's RPM repository (http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/) offers all
of the necessary Perl prereqs prepackaged as RPMs.  I've been using
those for a while and have been quite happy.

He also provides a Mimedefang RPM; it's out of date at the moment, but
generally all it takes to get an update is an email and a one or two day
wait...

Josh Kelley