[Mimedefang] Can I temporarily keep BCC Headers

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Apr 20 11:09:58 EDT 2005

--On Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:17 AM -0400 Mark Penkower
<mark at roycenet.com> wrote:

> Can Mimedefang to the following:
>
> Capture the emails before the bcc header information has been stripped.
> Then bcc it to the archiving server.  Then strip the bcc headers and
> continue with the delivery.

That's not how BCC works. It's a fiction maintained by the MUA until it's
time to send. sendmail doesn't see any BCC. It sees a list of recipients in
the envelope, the SMTP commands preceding the submission of the message.

MD sees the same list of recipients during its processing, so you can
associate message bodies with envelope recipients in your process.