[Mimedefang] Can I temporarily keep BCC Headers

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Wed Apr 20 10:17:45 EDT 2005

I am using Mimedefang 2.39 (with sendmail 8.13.0) for a number of
purposes.  One thing that I use it for is to BCC all incoming and outgoing
all emails to an archiving server.

The archiving server has an issue.  If a user receives an email that was
bcc'd to him, there is evidence that the user sent the email, but there is
no evidence of who received it.  The issue is the same if an internal user
sends an email via bcc.

There are similar issues with distribution lists.

Can Mimedefang to the following:

Capture the emails before the bcc header information has been
stripped.  Then bcc it to the archiving server.  Then strip the bcc headers
and continue with the delivery.

Thanks,

Mark Penkower

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: This e-mail is meant only for the intended recipient(s) of the transmission, and contains confidential information which is proprietary to Royce & Associates, LLC. Any unauthorized use, copying, distribution, or dissemination is strictly prohibited. All rights to this information are reserved by Royce & Associates, LLC. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and please delete this e-mail from your system and destroy any copies.