[Mimedefang] Streams and MaxRecipientsPerMessage

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Apr 18 16:51:20 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 04/18/2005 03:27:43
PM:

> The question is, how much extra work can you expect the sending relay
> to do to accommodate your scanning quirks?   You can always insert your
> own relay in the transport that accepts multiple addresses and forwards
> one address at a time like qmail does.  You will just have to construct
> your own bounces for the users that want things rejected instead of
> being able to push that work off on the sending relay.

That would defeat the purpose of being able to reject all messages at the
SMTP level rather than accepting them and then bouncing them.  Instead of
the MD machine bouncing them, it would be the intermediate machine.

> I suppose you could use some virtual machine tricks to make every
> individual appear to be on a different host if you really want to
> keep the rest of the world from grouping addresses.

Yes, but how do you seperate my address from another address at the same
domain?  Give 28,000 users an address like user at user.domain.tld?