[Mimedefang] Question about Upgrading

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Sep 27 12:34:02 EDT 2004

Mark Penkower wrote:
> I am currently using Mimedefang 2.39.
>
> I am not doing much with it.  I have it bounce files with defined bad
> extensions, and I have it integrate with Clamav.
>
> I don't want to upgrade unless I have to.
>
> What features am I missing in not having the most recent version.

Newer versions have better integration with clamav.  In particular, MD
now places a copy of the raw message in the working directory so that
when Clamd scans the directory, it will scan the files MD has decoded
*and* the original message.  This way if the message contains malformed
MIME that MD and Clam handle differently, or if it uses an attachment
format that MD doesn't recognize, there's a better chance of catching
it.  (You will have to add the function call to your filter after
upgrading, and make sure that Clamd is set to check mail files.)

--
Kelson Vibber