[Mimedefang] quarantine_entire_message: I don't get it

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 20 13:00:05 EDT 2004

Hi, Paul.

> Thanks. I have, and the part I missed is 'does not affect dispisition of
> the message'. So once I do a quarantine_entire_message I should then do
> a discard() to get rid of the virus. But how would I send the intended
> recipient a message that there's something in the quarantine in case
> he/she is interested?

Well, we make that difficult intentionally, because in today's environment,
I don't think it makes sense to bombard innocent recipients with messages
saying "You got a virus!  But we stopped it!!  If you need it, call us!!!"

You could construct a new warning message using the MIME::Tools functions,
and call replace_entire_message() inside filter_end to replace the entire
message with your warning message.