[Mimedefang] Conceptual Stage of setting up email gateway

Carlton Thomas carlton at gifford.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 05:39:24 EDT 2004

Hi James,

I am a newbie to this list so you may wanna take anything I
say with a pinch of salt :)

I recommend that you install fetchmail on your new Fedora server.
Fetchmail does exactly what it says on the tin. It grabs mail from
a POP/IMAP/SMTP server and passes it on to your local MTA (eg. sendmail).
Here is an extract from the manpage:

"As each message is retrieved fetchmail normally delivers  it  via
SMTP to port 25 on the machine it is running on (localhost), just as
though it were being passed in over a normal TCP/IP link"

Hope that helps.

Regards !

--
Carlton