[Mimedefang] Conceptual Stage of setting up email gateway

James Nunnerley webmaster at jnsolutions.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 03:56:50 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some advise before I go ahead and start working on creating an
email gateway/server, to reduce Spam and viruses.

I currently have about 5 POP3 accounts and a further 2 domains, which I
use/supply email on.

On my POP3 accounts alone, I'm averaging about 200-300 spam/viruses a day, which
is getting somewhat annoying.

I've got a spare server, which I plan on installing Fedora Core 2 on, and
building it into a email server.

I can easily see how I can filter the whole domain emails, just by chainging the
DNS record to point at the server, however, I'm not sure how best to go about
dealing with the POP3 accounts.  They are "ISP" supplied email addresses, and I
don't want to change them.

Is there a way I can setup Mimedefang so it filters the domains, but also picks
up, and then filters, the POP3 accounts?

Any help, gratefully received!

Cheers
James