[Mimedefang] Catching the porn spams

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Sep 9 16:09:37 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 09/09/2004 03:40:41
PM:

> Just had to deal with this. My address had been used by a zombie with
HTTP
> and SOCKS proxies in mid-2003 and the SORBS records were still present.
> Fortunately the list had a straightforward way to get de-listed. It did
> have some complexity to keep spammers from bulk de-listing themselves,
so a
> little patience and basic reading skills would be required.

I too have dealt with SORBS, and a number of others for clients.  Most are
straight forward, read the directions, and they will remove you.  But
there are the occasional RBL that make it virtually impossible (and in one
case, expensive) to be removed.  The only recourse is to complain to the
mail admin of the system using the farked up RBL and get them to stop
using it.