[Mimedefang] Catching the porn spams

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Sep 9 15:40:41 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, September 09, 2004 9:13 AM -0400 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> Most of the problems w/ blacklisting I have seen is that things stay on
> the list long after the problem is resolved.  in the past, I've seen open
> relays get fixed, but it's still on some obscure list that the relay
> owner  wasn't aware of.  They should re-test and remove fixed systems, or
> expire  entries pending resubmission.

Just had to deal with this. My address had been used by a zombie with HTTP
and SOCKS proxies in mid-2003 and the SORBS records were still present.
Fortunately the list had a straightforward way to get de-listed. It did
have some complexity to keep spammers from bulk de-listing themselves, so a
little patience and basic reading skills would be required.