[Mimedefang] 2 different scores spam getting through

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Thu Sep 2 13:31:03 EDT 2004

On 2 Sep 2004 at 9:42, Ray Goniea wrote:

> We use a site wide procmail file to deliver spam marked email to a
> local folder on the server.

I suspect this is your problem, because MIMEDefang is being run on the
e-mail as it comes in and after procmail forwards it.

> After looking at the header of an email it essentially shows 2
> scores, like it is being scanned twice using different rulesets.

This was exactly what I experienced because all my e-mail gets
forwarded, and I was scanning twice because the latest sendmails use
SMTP to do their forwarding.  See the archives about how to avoid
scanning mail that originates on the server.

It's something like the following in filter_sender (filter_relay is
similar):

my ($sender, $ip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;

if ($ip eq "127.0.0.1")
  {
  return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "OK");
  }

--
Jeff Rife        | "What's goin' on down here?"
SPAM bait:       | "Oh, we're playing house."