[Mimedefang] 2 different scores spam getting through

Ray Goniea rgoniea at d49.org
Thu Sep 2 11:42:36 EDT 2004

Hello,

We recently installed mimedefang with spamassassin. Mimedefang seems to be working flawlessly and we just started really working with spamassassin and it has stopped alot of spam, however we are still getting quite a bit that has the spamassassin.txt attached that says it's spam but it is still getting delivered.

We use a site wide procmail file to deliver spam marked email to a local folder on the server.

After looking at the header of an email it essentially shows 2 scores, like it is being scanned twice using different rulesets. I have searched through the archives and have found a little bit on this but nothing that would lead me in the right direction.

Here is a copy of the header from an email that has the spamassassin.txt file attachment but it still was delivered.

As you see the X-Spam-Score is 6.5 but the X-Spam-Status is NO and the hits are only 1.9. But you can see where it did not go through as many rulesets therefore receiving a lower score.
I appreciate any help on this, and if more information is needed I will happily supply it.

Ray Goniea
Network Administrator
Falcon School District 49
10850 E. Woodmen Rd