[Mimedefang] Calm AV setup - Almost done

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Thu Sep 9 14:15:45 EDT 2004

I have clamav working fine on a backup mail server.  I set it up on the
production mail server, but am having an issue.

I successfully compiled up clamav and clamav-milter and ran them.

Here are entries:

ps -ef

defang    5494     1  0 13:55 ?        00:00:00 [clamd]
defang    5760     1  0 13:59 ?        00:00:00 [clamav-milter]

netstat -a:

unix  2      [ ACC
]     STREAM     LISTENING     2800   /var/spool/MIMEDefang/m
imedefang.sock
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     79454790
/var/spool/MIMEDefang
/clamd.sock
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     79458734
/var/spool/MIMEDefang
/clmilter.sock

I then need to recompile MimeDefang (2.39) to recognize the scanner.  After
running .configure, I get:

*** Virus scanner detection results:
H+BEDV   'antivir'   NO (not found)
Vexira   'vexira'    NO (not found)
NAI      'uvscan'    NO (not found)
BDC      'bdc'       NO (not found)
Sophos   'sweep'     NO (not found)
TREND    'vscan'     NO (not found)
CLAMSCAN 'clamav'    NO (not found)
AVP      'AvpLinux'  NO (not found)
FSAV     'fsav'      NO (not found)
FPROT    'f-prot'    NO (not found)
SOPHIE   'sophie'    NO (not found)
NVCC     'nvcc'      NO (not found)
CLAMD    'clamd'     NO (not found)
File::Scan           NO
TROPHIE  'trophie'   NO (not found)

Could not find any recognized virus scanner... do not use
any of the contains_virus functions in your filter.

When I did this on the backup server, it recognized clamav - what have i
done wrong here:

Thanks

Mark Penkower