[Mimedefang] Reject vs Drop and MX

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Fri Sep 24 18:31:57 EDT 2004

Troy Carpenter wrote:
> Then the only change in my solution to the _originally_ asked MX problem
> is to write out a file to $CWD in the filter_relay() routine indicating
> that the MX was used (instead of using the RELAY flag from before) and
> check for that file in filter_begin().  The original logic remains the
> same.

It's probably easier to just check the value of $RelayAddr (it's the IP
address of the relay) in filter_begin(). Something roughly like this:

if ( $RelayAddr eq 'my_mx_ip'* ) {
	return action_discard();
} else {
	return action_bounce("Stop sending us viruses!")
}

*Pick your favorite method for finding one item in a list. (array, hash,
regexp, etc.)

You only *really* need to use filter_relay if you want to act on the
info before SMTP DATA.

--
Kelson Vibber