[Mimedefang] MimeDefang errors

Thomas Barnes Thomas.Barnes at barnestormer.com
Fri Sep 24 14:28:47 EDT 2004

Oh, those sneaky. . .  err. . umm (you know-whats)  sending spam  with a
forged from address.  Slipped right past my radar.

I put in my sa-mimedefang.cf a whitelist of *@barnestormer.com  but when
they forge a return from address , I get a -100 score and the mail is
passed. I was thinking that tweaking a RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH or
something similar might fix that.

It seems like it should be easy to fix; it is just the more I think of
it the more complex the task is (forest through trees) anyone have an
idea?  Is this a fix for sendmail, sa or mimedefang.?

Thanks