[Mimedefang] Re: VERY Newbie Question

Ian Mitchell junk at aftermagic.com
Fri Oct 29 11:13:19 EDT 2004

<Bows in disgrace for not grasping the concept...>

Then I would wonder if something along the lines of SPF (spf.pobox.com)
would work. I know this method was recently critisized for Microsoft's
liscensing methods and such forth. And while it's adoption or lack there
of might not allow it to be fully effective (catching people who spoof
yahoo) if your domain is participating in it, then you can definately deny
emails inbound to your domain that are spoofed. I would be hesitant to
suggest this type of functionality be included in MimeDefang, atleast
until a much better industry following took place, besides, its probably
better suited in SpamAssassin instead, and the Apache crew will have to
accept the terms before that will happen. In the mean time, a google
search can find several instances of milters designed to handle the
protocol. Nice thing is it will allow you to catch spoofed messages from
any domain, not just your own (barring that domain chooses to
participate).