[Mimedefang] mimedefang-2.45 fails to configure

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Fri Oct 22 08:30:02 EDT 2004

I know. I am stupid. I installed razor-agents-sdk-2.03.tar.gz on my once
working mail server and it totally upset mimedefang.

I've re-installed the perl modules including MIME-Base64-3.05 (with
INSTALLDSIRS=site) and MIME-tools-5.414, but mimedefang won't configure
as below.

Can anyone suggest what I've missed, please?

[root at mail mimedefang-2.45]# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether socklen_t is defined... yes
checking for Perl installation variable prefix... /usr
checking for Perl installation variable siteprefix... /usr
checking for Perl installation variable vendorprefix... /usr
checking for Perl installation variable installarchlib...
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
checking for Perl installation variable installprivlib...
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4
checking for Perl installation variable installbin... /usr/bin
checking for Perl installation variable installman1dir...
/usr/share/man/man1
checking for Perl installation variable installman3dir...
/usr/share/man/man3
checking for Perl installation variable installscript... /usr/bin
checking for Perl installation variable installsitearch...
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
checking for Perl installation variable installsitelib...
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4
checking for wait3 that fills in rusage... yes
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for Perl module IO::Socket... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::Tools 5.410 ()... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... configure: WARNING: ***
Error trying to use Perl module MIME::WordDecoder
configure: WARNING: *** Make sure the following Perl modules are installed:
configure: WARNING: *** MIME::Tools version 5.410 or higher (5.411a
recommended)
configure: WARNING: *** MIME::WordDecoder
configure: WARNING: *** Digest::SHA1
[root at mail mimedefang-2.45]#

--

Bill Maidment
Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd

Unless you are named "Alfred E. Newman", you may read only the "odd
numbered words" (every other word beginning with the first) of the
message above. If you have violated that, then you hereby owe the sender
AU$10 for each even numbered word you have read.
Adapted from "Stupid Email Disclaimers" (see
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/)