[Mimedefang] Limiting email size to scan for viruses?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Oct 13 17:20:15 EDT 2004

Fernando Gleiser wrote:
> I've set up a mail gateway for one of my clients.
> it runs FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p24, MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin, and clamd
> from a freshly cvsuped ports tree.
> Is there a way to scan for viruses only messages smaller than 2MB?

Consider StreamMaxLength in the clamav configuration file (I'm using clamav 0.75 but I would hope your version of clamav would have something similar)

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"