[Mimedefang] Slave 0 ran out of memory -- possible DoS attack due to complex MIME?

eqx at gmx.net eqx at gmx.net
Sun Oct 10 13:24:36 EDT 2004

Hi all

One particular message (multipart with small .pps attachment) gives me above
error msg, every time it is processed, even if there is more than 200 mb of
memory free.

Msg-Details:
  msg-7587-20.html: HTML document text
  msg-7587-21.txt:  ISO-8859 text
  msg-7587-22.pps:  Microsoft Office Document, 50kb
  The message contains special swedish characters

I`m using
  perl, v5.8.4
  mimedefang-2.43
  MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02
  All other perl modules are up-to-date

If I change to /var/spool/MIMEDefang, remove the "Work" directory and run
mimedefang.pl on the failing message, the script exits 0.

Do you know other ways to check the message? Any ideas what could cause
this?

Thanks, Mike

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail