[Mimedefang] OT: Perl Resource

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Oct 9 11:18:53 EDT 2004

--On Saturday, October 09, 2004 7:24 AM -0700 Jeff Grossman
<jeff at stikman.com> wrote:

> What is a good book on Perl programming?  I would like something that will
> help me with the mimedefang-filter file.

I personally liked the Advanced book from O'Reilly's Perl series. I'm
already a programmer in other languages and have a good idea of what goes
on behind the scenes at the language and OS level. The Advanced book
presents the language from this viewpoint, showing implementation details
that allow one to understand *how* Perl works. You would then need a
"reference" work for day-to-day usage, but I find that online resources are
adequate for that.