[Mimedefang] OFF TOPIC - Need a product to block spyware

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Oct 1 13:38:42 EDT 2004

Here is a real answer, as I deal with this for 700 windows computers.
Install client spyware protection.
All free software:
pictures et al,
http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/faqw.py?query=remove+spyware&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

These directions are good enough that my mom can  download and install the
software.

The problem with alternative browsers is that:
You need a centralized patching scheme for them, currently you can
remotelly patch IE but not firefox or opera.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering