[Mimedefang] mimedefang-2.45 and dual opteron

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Fri Oct 1 04:49:07 EDT 2004

alan premselaar wrote:

> Bill,
>
>   I've been installing a new machine with MD 2.45, SA 3.0 and clamav
> 0.75.1 and it was working fine until I added some greylisting code. then
> it did the same thing.
>
> it turns out that for some reason it was choking on my "use strict;"
> line.  more specifically it was complaining (during debugging) about
> calls to non-existant subroutines "main::sub_routine_name" which
> actually did exist.
>
> I must have beat my head against the wall for 2 hours debugging this.
> I reverted to a previous version of the filter and it started working
> again as expected, so i stepped thru changes, etc and finally once I
> removed the use strict; line with all my code changes, everything
> started to work. (i still need to figure out why that was happening)
>
> anyways, the point (i think) is... check the little things and make sure
> you don't have something really little and really obvious taunting you
> and causing you problems.
>
> in my case, it was get as far as you show in your log and then the slave
> would timeout and die and tempfail.
>
> anyways, probably not much help, but thought i'd share.

Thanks, very much, Alan
I'll check that out. Another area I'm looking at is SELinux (I'm on
FC3-test1) It seems that when you switch off SELinux after installing,
then any changes can cause all sorts of problems.

Anyway you've given me hope that it's something simple.

--

Bill Maidment
Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd

Unless you are named "Alfred E. Newman", you may read only the "odd
numbered words" (every other word beginning with the first) of the
message above. If you have violated that, then you hereby owe the sender
AU$10 for each even numbered word you have read.
Adapted from "Stupid Email Disclaimers" (see
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/)